- Never stop educating users (this actually is expensive because it takes time away from other work).
- End-users are the weak link.
- Donít stop paying for anti-spam/malware/virus software running on your servers, but consider switching vendors or using a multivendor solution to improve the net.
- Never stop scanning your network for signs of an attack. Look for malware, key loggers, remote control software, and unusual network activity.
- If your Internet bandwidth spikes at odd times when there are no employees working and no updates are happening.
- If there are a lot of outbound network connections to individual home systems and strange countries where you donít do business.
- If users complain about slow performance, pop-ups or web pages that donít load.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.