In addition, both internal policies and mandates by the SEC, FINRA, HIPAA, SOX, and the Federal Rules for Civil Procedures (FRCP) require companies to retain all messages for specific periods of time and have processes in place to discover, identify and retrieve potential messages with sensitive information.
Selecting and managing an in-house archive solution has always been an expensive and time-consuming problem. With the movement of productivity applications and data to the cloud, this problem becomes more urgent.
As a solution, Perimeter E-Security launched its Compliance and Continuity Suite for Microsoft Office 365 for securely capturing and storing all incoming and outgoing messages.
Key features include:
- Message mirroring, allowing 100 percent message availability through a web-based business continuity portal that allows users 24/7 access to their archives where they can send and receive emails in the event of an exchange outage.
- Tamper-proof storage that guarantees the integrity of message archives, essential for establishing chain of custody and complying with FRCP.
- User-friendly web-based interface that enables organizations to define their own complex, weighted policies for compliance monitoring. Administrators have 24/7 access to reports, policy configurations and role-based access control. Administrators and employees alike have 24/7 access to their own personal archives, plus others they have rights to.
- Parametric search to allow administrators, reviewers, counsel and employees the ability to quickly search archives based on message metadata, group membership, full-text or attachment contents and other parameters.
- Flexible message retention options governing the length of time messages are kept in the archive, which helps to minimize the risk of exposure and reduce archive expenses. These include support for multiple retention holds and role-based collections.
- Support for Electronic Discovery Reference Model functionality, notably the identification, collection and preservation of email and other critical information types.
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.