Since most hypervisors do not support 2TB+ virtual drives, the 12th edition also allows migration from 2TB+ physical drives to a smaller virtual drive.
The updated Connect VD technology with non-destructive and snapshot mode assures data management and data transfer between different types of virtual machines, and allows migration from one virtual environment to another (V2V).
Connect a virtual disk as if it were an ordinary physical disk and open up all physical-disk functionality in a virtual environment. Use a read-only mode or a special read/write mode that creates a snapshot and applies all changes after the snapshot was made to test all configurations without destroying your virtual source drive.
Virtualization Manager 12 Professional is compatible with products of all popular modern virtualization software providers, such as Microsoft, VMware and Oracle, and supports major virtual machines, including Oracle Virtual Box 4, Microsoft Virtual PC, VMware Workstation and VMware Fusion.
Key features and benefits:
- Migrate a Windows-based computer to a virtual environment (P2V)
- Migrate from a 2TB+ physical drive to a smaller virtual drive
- Migrate from one virtual environment to another (V2V)
- Migrate a Windows-based computer to a different hardware platform (P2P)
- Restore a physical system from Paragonís backup to a virtual environment (P2V Restore)
- Connect a virtual disk as if itís an ordinary physical disk, thus opening up all product functionality available for physical disks to virtual (new Connect VD with non-destructive and snapshot mode)
- Create a virtual disk with a simple wizard (Create VD)
- Recover OS startup ability after system migration to different hardware or unsuccessful virtualization by a third-party tool (P2P and P2V Adjust)
- Exchange data between a physical environment and a virtual one, or between a virtual disk and its snapshots
- Accomplish virtual drive partitioning (create, format, delete, move, resize, etc.)
- Resume any operation with a virtual volume in case of disconnection or any other unexpected situation.
- Merge volumes on a virtual drive to consolidate disk space, from two volumes on the virtual drive into one single, larger volume
- Supports major virtual machines, including Oracle Virtual Box 4, Microsoft Virtual PC, VMware Workstation and VMware Fusion.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.