This includes what information is commonly lost when a mobile device is stolen, figures relating to the current state of security on mobile devices and the value of data lost.
Headline figures include:
- 6,900 laptops and tablets will be stolen during CES
- 70 million smartphones are lost every year
- In 2012 2,500 types of mobile malware were discovered
- Only 4% of smartphones and tablets have security installed
- Half of all mobiles and tablets have credit card and password information stored on them
- The average cost from tablet and smartphone loss is $49,000.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.