The survey, based on 198 responses from attendees at RSA Conference 2013, sought to discover how work habits are changing as a result of cloud and mobile enterprise trends. The results show:
A tablet-powered workforce is real:
- Fifty five percent of security professionals say they use a tablet for work
- 45 percent of respondents stated that they use a tablet over their laptops or PCs for work purposes more than 25 percent of the time
- When asked how many times per day they logged onto a work application from a mobile device, 49 percent of respondents logged in 10 or more times a day.
- 83 percent of respondents use the same password across multiple applications – violating a password security best practice
- Discounting email and calendar apps, 59 percent of respondents have 3 or more apps on their mobile device that are considered core to their job. Twenty five percent have 5 or more apps that are core to their job.
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.