Among the features provided by PacketFence, there are:
- BYOD workflows
- Guests management
- Multiple enforcement methods including Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Compliance checks for computers present on your network
- Integration with various vulnerability scanners and intrusion detection solutions
- Bandwidth accounting for all devices.
- Brand new Perl-based Web administrative interface using the Catalyst framework
- New violation actions to set the node's role and deregister it
- Support for scanning dot1x connections for auto-registration by EAP-Type
- Support for auto registering dot1x node based of the EAP-Type
- New searchable MAC Addresses module to query all existing OUI prefixes
- New advanced search capabilities for nodes and users
- New memory object caching subsystem for configuration files
- Ubuntu packages.
- Authentication sources can now be managed directly from the GUI
- Roles (previously called categories) are now computed dynamically using authentication sources
- Portal profiles and portal pages are now managed from the GUI
- Fingerprints and User Agents modules are now searchable
- Translated all remediation pages to French
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish translations.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.