OWASP has released its 2013 top 10 list of risks associated with the use of web applications in an enterprise, and they are as follows:
2) Broken Authentication and Session Management
3) Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
4) Insecure Direct Object References
5) Security Misconfiguration
6) Sensitive Data Exposure
7) Missing Function Level Access Control
8) Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
9) Using Known Vulnerable Components
10) Unvalidated Redirects and Forwards
For additional explanations about the risks, example attack scenarios, mitigation and prevention techniques, tips for developers, verifiers, and organizations, and to compare the new list with the previous one released in 2010, download the full report.
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.