The cooperation agreement has the objective of contributing more effectively to understanding and resolving Network and Information Security issues related to standardisation, in particular in different ICT sectors that are of relevance for ENISA.
This is in line with the new, expanded tasks of the recently adopted ENISA regulation, which gives ENISA more of a proactive role in supporting the development of NIS standards.
More specifically, the agreement covers:
- ENISA’s participation as observers in identified Technical Committees, their Working Groups and Workshops of CEN and CENELEC to support the preparation of European Standards
- CEN and CENELEC’s evaluation of relevant ENISA research results and their transfer to standardisation activities
- ENISA’s participation in and, if appropriate, chairing of relevant CEN and CENELEC Technical Committees, Working Groups and Workshops in accordance with the CEN-CENELEC Internal Regulations
- The dissemination and promotion of information on publications, results, meetings, seminars
- The provision of mutual support on promotional activities and establishing industrial contacts and research networks for network and information security standards-related tasks
- The organisation of topical workshops, conferences and seminars addressing technology and research issues related to network and information security standardisation activities
- The exchange of relevant information on identified topics of common interest.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.