The FortiADC-300E is a high-performance application delivery controller (ADC) for mid-sized enterprises that combines traditional load balancing with advanced features that route traffic at the application level and offload secure HTTPS transactions from servers.
FortiDirector is a hosted Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) service for medium and large enterprises, Application Service Providers (ASPs) and Software as a Service (SaaS) providers that bridges application traffic across multiple data centers and works with the FortiADC, FortiBalancer and Coyote Point Equalizer application delivery product lines. Together, the appliances and the service greatly enhance application performance for end users.
Based on Coyote Pointís top-selling Equalizer E370LX application delivery appliance, FortiADC-300E extends the current FortiADC lineup into the mid-market with the highest performance and best value in its class. Key features include:
- Up to 4.8 Gbps of L4 throughput and up to 75,000 L7 requests per second provides class-leading performance that can handle almost any medium-sized business application environment
- 7,500 HTTPS transactions per second helps to offload secure application traffic from servers to increase application performance and improve end-user response times
- Advanced L7 policy-based routing gives customers granular control of traffic no matter how complex the application or data center infrastructure
- Multiple high-availability failover options include Multi-Active N+M failover. This feature puts spare appliances to work instead of sitting idle while waiting for a failover to occur
- IPv6 6-in-4 Tunneling helps organizations easily manage the transition to IPv6 by translating IPv6 traffic at the ADC level and routing it to destinations on an IPv4 network.
FortiDirectorís DNS resolution can route traffic to any externally available IP address. This offers the ability to connect to applications managed by any of Fortinetís ADC solutions and provides interoperability with existing ADC appliances from other manufacturers. Itís also one of a handful of solutions in the market that can route traffic to single servers without requiring an ADC or a hosted server solution.
Key features of FortiDirector include:
- Load balance any protocol through DNS-based GSLB to span any Web-based application across multiple data centers
- Advanced API-based health checking routes traffic to best performing resources based on server and network health
- Route traffic based on closest servers to reduce latency or by time of day to take advantage of off-hour discounts with ISPs
- Powerful real-time reporting gives up-to-the minute status of an applicationís performance
- Pay-as-you-go cloud service model scales easily without the hassle of managing new hardware or software
- Application environments and business rules only take minutes to set up and are updated within minutes across FortiDirectorís global network.
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.