New features include:
AppInsight for SQL - AppInsight for SQL provides deep visibility into Microsoft SQL Server performance for systems administrators, database administrators and SQL developers. With AppInsight for SQL, IT pros have instant visibility into database performance issues, such as long-running queries, reducing manual time spent troubleshooting performance issues while improving application uptime.
Baseline Threshold Calculator - Thresholds can be automatically generated from a baseline of "normal" behavior to reduce the number of alerts that require response and quickly pinpoint systems that are performing out of a normal state. This feature allows IT pros to calculate thresholds from baseline data for 24/7 system performance, establish warning and critical thresholds at 2 and 3 standard deviations from normal performance.
IT Asset Inventory Dashboard - With automated IT asset inventory management, IT pros can now maintain a view of current hardware and software asset inventory including server warranty status, driver software, hard drive inventory, and custom properties like PO number and purchase price, saving valuable time when tracking virtual and physical asset depreciation and gathering information about the stock of software and hardware assets.
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor highlights added since version 5.0 in March 2012:
- Resolve server and application issues directly from the product's web console
- Monitor server hardware health indicators for vendors such as HP, Dell, IBM, and VMware
- Troubleshoot problems faster with real-time visibility into service and process performance
- Track storage volume performance metrics
- Integrate with System Center 2012
- Leverage support for Microsoft Hyper-V.
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.