Privileged accounts have been identified as the primary target in internal and advanced external attacks. According to Mandiant, "APT intruders prefer to leverage privileged accounts where possible, such as domain administrators, service accounts with domain privileges, local administrator accounts, and privileged user accounts."
CyberArk Privileged Threat Analytics provides targeted and immediately actionable threat analytics on these attack vectors by identifying previously undetectable malicious privileged user behavior, which enables the incident response team to respond and disrupt in-progress attacks.
Key benefits include:
- Identifies in-progress external attacks and malicious behaviour of authorised insiders
- Detects a range of anomalies in the behaviour patterns of individual privileged users in real-time, such as a user who suddenly accesses credentials at an unusual time of day. This is a strong indicator of malicious activity or severe policy violations such as password sharing
- Improves effectiveness of SIEM systems and incident response teams by reducing false positives
- Stops an in-progress attack earlier in the kill chain, ensuring a less costly and time consuming remediation process
- Continuously learns user behaviour and adjusts risk assessments based on the authorised privileged user activity patterns.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.