Qualys today announced the addition of QualysGuard Web Application Scanning (WAS) 1.0 to the QualysGuard Security and Compliance Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Suite, the companyís flagship solution for IT security risk and compliance management. Qualys is unveiling and demoing a number of new products and product upgrades at the RSA Conference this week at booth # 1717.
Delivered through a SaaS model, QualysGuard WAS delivers automated crawling and testing for custom Web applications to identify most common vulnerabilities such as those in the OWASP Top 10 and WASC Threat Classification, including SQL injection and cross-site scripting. QualysGuard WAS scales to scan any number of Web applications, internal or external in production or development environments.
Now organizations can manage Web applications, launch scans and generate reports using the familiar QualysGuard UI. Additional QualysGuard WAS features and customer benefits include:
- Authentication - QualysGuard WAS incorporates HTTP Basic, Digest and NTLM server-based authentications, as well as Simple form authentication.
- Black List and White List Enforcement - The application prevents the crawler from visiting black-listed links in a Web application and can instruct the crawler to only visit links explicitly defined in a white list.
- Performance Tuning - QualysGuard WAS provides granular, user-determined bandwidth level control for parallel scanning to limit impact on application performance.
- Sensitive Content - The application enables automated expression search for content in HTML, such as a Social Security Number.
- Workflows for Defining Scans and Reviewing Reports - QualysGuard WAS provides logical scan and reporting workflows for each Web application.